Friday, June 26, 2009

Decade of Marriage

It was ten years ago on June 26, 1999 that I married my high school sweetheart. I was newly 18 he was nearly 20. Everyone told us how it was a horrid idea. They all said we would regret it and that it would be a big mistake. I admit that at times I may have agreed with those naysayers over the years. But I also know that there is so much that has happened in my life that I would never had made it through without Paul. My father's death, my mother's drug addiction. Those things i only barely made it through and it was with my best friend, my husband. Not all the years and days of this marriage have been all roses and kisses. We have had our struggles and our mistakes along the way. However we chose to push through and work it out. No matter what work it out. And I can honestly say that in the last 4 years, every year has gotten easier, more fun, and just plain better. I look forward to the next several decades I hope to share with my wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment