Tuesday, May 3, 2011

cloth diaper inserts

Okay, I received my disposable liners for my gDiapers in the mail today.  I plan on using the disposable liners to keep in the diaper bag for outings and such.  I haven't gotten my actual gDiapers in the mail yet, but I want to mainly use cloth inserts in them most if not eventually all of the time.  Since the gDiapers brand cloth inserts cost a fortune, I decided to make my own.  Here's my journey.


 First I took the regular Gerber large prefolds and a receiving blanket.


Then I cut the outer edges and the extra length (by measuring the disposable gDiaper insert) as shown below.  The peice in the middle is the piece I will use later.





Then I measured my receiving blanket and cut out a piece to use as the cover.  Then sewed all sides except one with the receiving blanket inside out.





Then I turned it right side out and sled in the pre-fold diaper piece and sewed the last side shut.  Then I sewed it all together so it wouldn't bunch inside.  I just did a couple designs.  I suck at sewing as you can see.  But it should serve its purpose!  LOL





Here's the three I made.  I am gonna wait to make sure they are perfect for us before making the rest.



I made these with 1 receiving blanket and 3 pre-folds.  The great things is these can be hand me down material.  They don't need to be new and unused.  I will keep you all updated!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me! I am going to def give this a chance and you can help me make those! lol :) I'm proud of you, they look good!

    ReplyDelete