Friday, May 6, 2011

gDiaper Cloth diapering

Yeah the gDiapers are in!  Love them!  They are adorable!  I got some new from Amazon and some used from eBay.


Here is what I have so far in a nutshell...


I have 8 gDiapers, 6 used and 2 new. 14 inner snap in liners, 4 packages of disposable gInserts, and I am making my own cloth inserts (see previous blog post).  1 package of RockinGreen cloth diaper washing machine detergent and a scoop for that.  All this cost me under $200.  And it will last most likely for the duration of Elise's diapering life.  


So compared to the $2000 plus I would be spending from now until then I think this is gonna be pretty amazing.  We had our first diaper change and it was a success.  No leaks at all.  And the disposable diaper we were using earlier today before I got my shipment in blew out everywhere!  Huge mess!  So already i am so happy with cloth diapering.  

My only complaint is that I wish I had started it 5 years ago with the twins!  Can you imagine having spent $200-400 for 4 kids diapering for their whole diapering life?  Insane!  What was I thinking?!?!?!?  I will keep you updated but so far I am soooooo happy!

Now I just have to make more cloth inserts!  I may even resell the disposable inserts I bought on eBay.



Elise playing with the gDiapers



Elise nursing in the wrapsody.

No comments:

Post a Comment